Eight Strangers around the world suddenly feels connected by savage vision and sensation, as they are physically connected. Soon they learn to communicate with each other, start experiencing each other feelings, pain and emotions and later on using each other’s skills. A mysterious organization is in their hunt and want to kill them.
Sense8 – Netflix Original Series
Limbic Resonance first episode of Sense8
The first episode Limbic Resonance starts in the middle of an abandoned church, a woman, Angelica, lies on top of a mattress surrounded by debris. She is in pain. She pulls out a revolver and a metal box underneath the debris there is some kind of medicines in the box. Jonas (her lover) comes to help her. Angelica gasps and collapse in his arms. Angelica tells Jonas to protect the eight sensates, which she had produced. A man called Whispers, someone who Angelica seems to be evading.
Whispers visit Angelica and find out that she has been using drugs to hide from him. Whispers note that she’s giving birth. Jonas and Whispers are both accompanying Angelica but Jonas and Whispers cannot see each other, only Angelica can. Angelica prepares to kill herself, and when Jonas tells her that he’s staying with her, she insists to him that she can’t do it if he’s there. As she prepares to shoot herself, Whispers mocks her, confident she won’t do it and claiming that she will go home with him. The real Whispers and his men enter the abandoned church, and he tells her to put the gun down but she refuses.
She puts the gun in her mouth and Whispers orders her men to stop Angelica, but she pulls the trigger before they reached her, killing herself.
One by one, each character starts getting envisions of Angelica. The first episode is the introduction of each and every character and why they feel connected to each other.
- Nomi Marks (Jamie Clayton), playing the role of transgender lives in San Francisco. She is also a former hacktivist. Her family doesn’t accept her transgender identity.
- Lito Rodriguez (Miguel Angel Silvestre)macho action movies and novellas in Mexico City. He is gay but hides that from the world because he fears it would destroy his career.
- Sun Bak (Bae Doona from Cloud Atlas), lives in Seoul. She isn’t accepted by her father. Sun is lonely and has internalized a lot of anger. She releases her frustration through martial arts.
- Wolfgang Bogdanow(Max Reirnelt) lives in Berlin a German safe-cracker. He grew up with a terribly abusive father and has fallen into a life of crime.
- Will Gorski (Brian J Smith), is a cop in Chicago, trying to live up to his father’s reputation on the force.
- Capheus (Aml Ameen), drives a bus in Nairobi(Kenya). Today he is caring for his AIDS-stricken mother and facing harassment from gangs.
- Riley Blue (Tuppence Middleton), an Icelandic DJ who lives in London after a terrible family tragedy, has fled her home in Iceland to live in London where she finds herself in dangerous trouble.
- Kala Dandekar a Mumbai scientist who is about to marry her rich boss but don’t love him.
Directors and Writers
Andy and Lana Wachowski, the siblings behind the Matrix movies created the show along with Babylon 5 creator J Michael Straczynski. The trio wrote the episodes and the Wachowskis directed much of the action.
Theme of Sense8
Sense8 is about the new world we live and how humans are connected with each other. The series has shown some of the issues like not accepting transgender, the society is still skeptic about gay, losing your family, harassment, drugs, forced to do something wrong and many more. There are 3 seasons of Sense8.
What’s the best thing about it?
A unique concept. The show is full of mysteries. The digital and tricky effects are breathtaking they are used intelligently. The action and fighting scenes are amazing especially by Sun Bak (Bae Doona) her kicks are really impactful.
You can watch all seasons of Sense8 on Netflix.
Watch the season 1 trailer of Sense8 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKpKAlbJ7BQ